26 July 2014

FO's and knitting time?

Every time I post here, I think "Wow, has it been a long time or what?"... I think parenting does this to you. I spent quite awhile trying to figure out life again, and suddenly, my photography business exploded. So maybe I'm cameraexploder, too, now... Anyway, things have been hectic!

Remember how I made that cute little blue baby sweater? Someone fit in it one day:

Then the next? Not so much!

Now that he's nearly 5 months old, I've finally found time to knit again. I'm working away on a sweater project (on the last sleeve, in fact, so I should be done in, oh, another four thousand years)... And I've just finished this cowl, which I've been meaning to knit for myself forever:


It's called Foolproof, and it really is a fantastic pattern. You knit the cowl flat, if you can imagine. There's a lot of turning your work, but no purling, no casting on (unless you count one stitch) and no binding off (unless you count a K3TOG and thread the end. With limited nights to work on it, I still managed to get it done in 16 days. Fast and great for TV knitting. 


I used Wollmeise twin (fingering weight) yarn on this project, with size 6 needles. Basically, it's the drapiest, squooshiest thing ever, and will be great for fall weather. I'm happy with how it turned out, and can't wait to wear it. I think it'll look good with some black skinny jeans and a denim jacket. A little biker-y. 


Anyway, I missed this! I wonder if anyone is still out there, reading. Are you? Perhaps I should give out more yarn? ;)

- YX

3 comments:

  1. We're out here. Mostly we lurk and listen so we don't say something stupid, but we are here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay...so glad you're back! The one-day baby sweater is so cute...thanks for sharing the picture. I also love the gorgeous cowl and may need to add it to the ever-growing queue. :)

    ReplyDelete