12 October 2015

FO: On the Grass

It's pretty ridiculous that it took me an entire year to finish this. Honestly, self, what the heck. This is Joji's On the Grass.

I went through a period of a few months where I didn't touch it... The bottom was pooling badly, and I didn't want to rip out those stitches- painful moss stitch, in fact- to fix it.

I eventually made peace with those pooling stripes and moved forward. The sweater was so bulky and stiff on the needles, but the yarn blocked beautifully. It's incredibly wearable and lovely now. The yarn is Dragonfly Fibers Damsel, which I got last year at Rhinebeck. I've finished this guy just in time for this year's show, and I'm already planning the other sweater quantity that I got there (ahem) for a new sweater. I'm trying to talk myself into some convoluted cables, but not finding any patterns I truly love.



My body has changed a lot since I had my son a year and a half ago, and adjusting to the new measurements- especially my increased hips- was an unexpected challenge. Things don't look the same on my body anymore, and I find myself second guessing what's flattering for this new shape.

As far as Rhinebeck is concerned, I'm going to try to stay away from sweater quantities and instead focus on shawls... Perhaps 2 or 3 skeins of things, to try to keep it simple. So many options, and I definitely overspent last year and haven't had much drive to touch the rest of it. I'm hoping the happiness I feel for this completed sweater will propel me into the next project. I'd like to work on some shorter-run items, since there are only so many sweaters one can wear in Houston. :)

I'm planning to go to Joji's meet and greet at the show, and she has mentioned that she'd like to see my Meridien, so I think I'll wear it on Saturday and this on Sunday. For the five of you still out there reading this, if you see me, please feel free to say hello! :)
- YX

1 comment:

  1. It was so much fun to check in today and see this new post. I LOVE that sweater on you! The color is absolutely gorgeous, and you are so talented! Have fun at Rhinebeck. :)

    ReplyDelete