23 July 2012

FO: En Pointe Wrap Sweater

It's done!
I finished my En Pointe wrap sweater last night, and snuck off to take a few quick photos before bed. It's sooooo comfortable. I love this yarn. Wow.
I was really surprised to have so much yarn left over...  It seems like I may have half of each skein (probably less) to use on another project. Teeny striped wristwarmers, mayhaps?

Speaking of stripes, these photos don't show the color well, so here's a detail shot:
The variations are subtle, but you can tell the difference in person. I think the lights are just washing out the stripes in these photos. 
I chose to accent the sleeves with gold, and did the ribbing pieces on the back in pink. I figured it would be easier than trying to simultaneously maintain stripes and a rib, since the yarn is so soft and smooth that I was constantly retensioning it.

You really get a feel for how the sweater wraps on the sides. Its a teeny slip of a thing, but the pattern definitely allows you to adjust the stitch count. I'll probably end up using this for leftover sock yarns as a stash buster. Although it took be about three weeks to get through the pattern, I attribute that to my refusal to take the project with me anywhere-- all the knitting was done at home. I didn't want to risk turning the wound cakes into a mess of tangles, which happened while I was winding them. Once is enough, thank you very much!

The icord works well as a durable option for ties, but I could also see starting this with a wide garter stitch ribbon, or sewing on some pretty ribbon as well.

I'll leave you with my favorite shot:
- YX

PS- I still have quite a few people entering my July giveaway! Only a week left to enter!

8 comments:

  1. I liked it before I realized it was striped, but I kind of REALLY dig it with the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The stripes are less subtle IRL, but I'd love to try them with that pink and a cream color, too... :)

      Delete
  2. Very pretty, it looks great! I saw some of the people who did this on Ravelry talking about it being "too off the shoulders" - Did you find this to be the case?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all! Since it has to be worn over another piece, I find it doesn't slip off the shoulders, either. The top of the shoulder is 5 stitches wide, but by pulling on the ties at the back, it eases the sweater into a secure fit. Butttt one could BO stitches later on in the row and increase the 5 stitch shoulder to be more. The pattern is super flexible in my opinion.

      Delete
  3. I love this piece! And I love your blog. It is definitely my favorite out of the MANY I have attempted to keep up with. Keep it up!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah thank you!!! I'm always willing to do requests, too, if there's anything you'd like to read about!

      Delete
  4. So glad you liked my pattern! Your version is absolutely gorgeous. : )

    ReplyDelete