Now that all is said and done, I'm pretty happy with the final product. I've found several ways to wear it. There's the crossbody vest shown above, as well as a cowl vest:
It was a guess and check situation for the length. I just kept wrapping the fabric around until it finally seemed long enough to fit... I ended a little short because I knew it'd block out a bit longer. I'm glad I did! It grew a little bit.
I'm so happy with how it turned out. For those who follow my Twitter, you know I had quite a rough time at the end, when I grafted the whole thing together, put it on, and realized it needed a twist in order to be worn as a vest! I had to pull out the entire graft, twist the cowl, and re-graft it. I wanted to cry!
The graft is so ugly-- it looks like a craggy scar running down the piece. I blocked the whole thing before grafting (so it could be blocked flat), and grafted afterward. I'm going to block it again on the grafted area, and I'm hoping that will clean it up a little. Ah well, new skill!
Have a great 4th! I've enjoyed reading the comments on this month's giveaway! Keep 'em coming!