06 May 2013

Italia!

Where in the world have I been? I realized that I haven't updated since the 22nd, right before my parents came into town, my semester grades were due, and I had a whole trip to Italy to prepare for!

I feel like the past month has been a blur... I'm surprised I even ended up with the right amount of clothes in my bag, and I haven't been on Ravelry in ages. I DID stop by my LYS to pick up three skeins of Madelinetosh sock in Antique Lace for a pullover (?), but alas, no photos.

I also don't have photos or an ad up for my May giveaway, which really stinks because it's awesome!

I can at least tease you with a link to the shop... :)

This sponsor is VERY near and dear to my heart, as she's a good Ravelry friend and a personal hero of mine- a lung transplant recipient and Cystic Fibrosis butt kicker, Daydee (Talana) does incredible-quality work on her project bags. I was quite blown away when I opened her package in April. I have a gorgeous project bag to give away, and I'm so tempted to ferret it away for ME ME ME!

Luckily for my grabby hands (and wallet), Daydee's Doodads is offering up the goods for everyone. Check out this announcement from her store page:

"May is Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Month. CF is a fatal genetic illness that affects the lungs and digestive system, and I am one of thousands of Americans that live with CF. I am offering no specials this month, but instead will be donating 20% of gross sales to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation for all sales made in the month of May. I am alive today because of research that has been funded by the CFF.


Also, the item of the month is the rose fabric bags seen below. I'm donating an even greater piece of sales from these to the CFF.



To learn more about CF, please visit http://www.cff.org"

I'll get pictures and an ad AND a contest entry post up as soon as I return from my Italy trip. In the meantime, why not peruse her project bags now? They're one-of-a-kind and have fabrics that will tickle many fancies!

-YX

No comments:

Post a Comment