12 April 2012

Needlemania

My mother-in-law is in town for a visit, and she came bearing gifts!

Among several circular knitting needles and crochet hooks were these puppies:

Boye size 50 (and 35) straight needles. Hoooo boy, looks like my plans for a cotton rope bathmat are going to be realized, after all! I need to get some giant yarn for these. They're so big, they're packaged individually:

My friend and fellow Raveler Michael sent me a lovely pair of Signature Needle Arts straight needles, too, which are a new product for me. I love my Addi Lace Clicks, and use them on just about everything, so I'll have to make an exception and put the new ones to use:


Signatures are sooooo pretty. I also got some books, courtesy of my mother-in-law:

I'm super excited about the first one, because it seems to have a ton of historical info in it. A bit of reading to go with all the patterns. I love the patterns in the book, so I'll definitely do a review of it after I've devoured it. 

-YX

PS- Still plenty of time to enter for the stitch markers!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, excellent goodies. Those needles look so huge! I've wanted to try signature needles for ages now, but haven't splashed out yet - be interested to hear what you think :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the big needles!! I just bought some size 35s from brittany. I love their birch wood.

    ReplyDelete