19 January 2012

Window shopping: Etsy yarn

I was idly browsing Etsy last night and happened upon some interesting yarn! Although I'm on somewhat of a yarn diet, I figured I'd share it with anyone who was actively shopping.

Etsy is such a great resource for handmade things, but it's also great for hand dyed and spun yarns, as well as recycled yarn! Great cashmere at reasonable prices, silks, and a guilt-free conscience for re-loving fiber that was given away.

Sunrise Fiber Co.'s Neon Green Silver sock yarn:
Lightbrown Hare's Jackalope sock in Luna Cat:

Wild Hare's Handspun Self-striping Bulky Superwash in Peacock Gradient:

ShopYarnLove's Poppies in Winter sock:

Gnome Acres's Fawkes the Phoenix lace:

I love them all! That first one is really killing me! I can't wear green near my face, but I could see awesome gloves or iPhone accessories with it! Eeep!

Leave your pick in the comments! 
- YX

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that first yarn is fantastic. Just the striping would make me want to knit socks--and I don't like knitting socks.

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/playatlifefiberarts Always has interesting colorways and sells recycled & dyed yarn.

    Our favorite Little Red Bicycle is another. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there :)

    Great running into you today. Sweater looks great so far. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    Love the Sunrise Fiber's neon. Reminds me of Madeline Tosh's Edison bulb used in this blanket: http://www.purlbee.com/the-purl-bee/2011/4/16/elegant-granny-style-the-granny-stripe-blanket.html

    xoxo
    Rica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that blanket! Amazing!

    Playatlife is a great shop, too, Katharine! Love them! And LRB never lets me down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting about my UFO yarn! It's definitely my most popular colorway right now- people love that neon! Can't wait to see what you make with it. I think gloves would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete