15 February 2012

WIP: Versio

I've been plodding along on my versio, for those of you who may be wondering. I took a few WIP photos over the weekend, which show how far I'd gotten:



As you can see, I was almost at the cuff of the first sleeve, and hadn't started the second. Well, I kept working and am now about halfway through sleeve #2... No photos yet!  I'll take the finals as soon as I finish up.

I really like the way the fabric is pooling, and it's always amazing to me how such small changes can make huge ripples through a project. Especially when the project is knitted with Wollmeise:

The few hip increases I did created the crazy chevron pattern in the fabric. I could have avoided this by knitting every other round with a different strand, but I decided not to. Why? I love the way Wollmeise creates a construction story on a garment, for one thing. Secondly, I am enamored with this giant yarn cake, which is slowly decreasing in size... Right now, the sweater consists of a continual strand for the torso, one for each sleeve, and one for the hood. 

I'm trying really hard to finish this sweater by the end of the weekend, so I can start on some new things! A big one is going to be my husband's Brownstone Pullover, by Jared Flood. I have some Sublime Yarns Organic Merino Wool that will fit the bill perfectly:


I also have some mega-awesome yarn purchases to share with you, but I'll save those for another entry!

- YX

6 comments:

  1. Super cute!! I really like that color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You look gorgeous in that! I love the chevrons across the hip, they almost look deliberate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Versio is looking gorgeous, I really like the patterns the yarn is making :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That is looking fabulous.

    I really love the pooling, too. I'm always a little skittish about pooling, but this is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so amazing and, as usual, I hate you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, guys! Can't wait to finish it and take real pics!

    ReplyDelete