01 February 2012

Queued: Pei

I have two lovely skeins of Jade Sapphire 2-ply 100% cashmere that I scored at a big yarn sale a few months back... I bought the two skeins with twin projects in mind: something for my grandmother and Andrew's grandmother.

Looking through my queue,  I stumbled onto Michele Wang's Pei.


I love the balance of smooth and textured area on this piece, and the attention to detail with the edgings. It's beautifully proportioned, too... Not too bulky or too thin for the lace pattern scale and fabric weight. 



I think it will knit up beautifully in lace weight, even though the pattern calls for a sock weight yarn. It'll have a bit more drape, but downsizing the needles just a bit should help with that.


What I really love about the piece is the timeless, sophisticated look of the FO. Classy and works well with casual or more formal styles. Now, the question is... When will I have time to cast on?

- YX

No comments:

Post a Comment