12 June 2012

Queued: Connate

My queue is out of control. And yet, I can't stop myself:

This is Connate, by Norah Gaughan. It's brand-spanking new and absolutely gorgeous! This sweater is kind of sweetly jackety and pretty, with some structure and cool detailing:


I love how the cables on the front meet a horizontal panel on the sides, creating a handkerchief-style uneven hem that drapes beautifully. There isn't a ton of information available just yet, but I do know it uses aran-weight yarn, and the sample is Berroco Blackstone Tweed, in a really gorgeous periwinkle that is so atypical to my normal preferences, but seems to work so well here. But if you weren't using Berroco, what would you sub in? Leave your suggestions in the comments!

- YX
(Yarn, yarn, yarn!)

2 comments:

  1. This is totally gorgeous! You are doing bad things to my Ravelry queue too :) I've been looking for a good pattern for my Aran/Bulky weight hand-dyed and this might be the one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My queue is out of control! I've realized I'm not only SABLE at this point, but probably QABLE, too! It's a helpless feeling, but at this point, I assume I'm making my own catalog of "potential projects" to choose from...

    ReplyDelete