20 November 2011

Weekend illness and WIP progress


Thanks to this weekend's continued illness, I've been flying along on my Guernsey Wrap with relative speed. Although it's nice to see progress on a WIP, it's disappointing to miss out on surprisingly beautiful weather... and from the looks of my husband, who gifted me with this cough/sore throat/fever, it's not going away soon. 

At least I'm self-medicating:



Despite the crummy health and unfairly beautiful weather, the Guernsey Wrap moves along:

If you're familiar with this pattern, the photo above may seem distorted, or the project may look like the gauge is WAY off... That's because I nearly doubled the amount of stitches in the pattern! I wanted a super wide wrap, something I can possibly convert into a poncho, so we'll see how that turns out!

I definitely need more Eco Alpaca to finish the project, too. We're leaving for Ohio on Wednesday morning, so I need to determine if the ball that I have will last through the holiday:
(Note the Ricola for scale)

Looks like I'll be making an emergency trip to the yarn store this afternoon! 3 hour flights and lots of time inside will definitely result in increased yarn consumption!

- YX

No comments:

Post a Comment